Opportunities at JBFC
Posted August 6, 2014
House Staff 2014
Theater House Staff
The Jacob Burns Film Center seeks part-time, year-round house staff to work in our three-screen, independent, art-house cinema. Staff will be scheduled in the positions of Box Office, Concession and Usher, with the opportunity to join our A/V team who assist with the many special events we hold throughout the year. The theater is open 365 days a year, and night/weekend flexibility is a must.
Responsibilities will include:
- Aid in selling tickets, concessions and guiding patrons to theaters
- High level of communication with managers, co-workers and patrons
- Provide undivided attention to patrons while assisting them with their needs
- Manage money handling procedures in a busy environment
- Assist patrons with special needs
- Maintain the cleanliness of the building; lobby, restrooms and theaters
- Show up for shifts when scheduled, with flexibility for change in schedules
- Remain aware of daily, weekly and monthly schedules, with knowledge of upcoming events
Applicant should demonstrate the following:
- Outgoing personality with an interest or love of film
- Experience with customer service including volunteering and interning
- Leadership capabilities and self motivation to perform tasks and learn new things
- Ability to think fast and remain calm in a busy environment
- Politeness and patience with the desire to work hard and have fun
This is a part-time, hourly position beginning at $8.50/hr.
Applicants must be available to work at least 3 days a week, which include 2 weekend shifts which entail Friday, Saturday and Sunday, plus at least 1 weekday.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with “House Staff 14” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Candidates who are being considered will be contacted and requested to have a follow-up interview.
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages people of any race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age and ability to apply.