Opportunities at JBFC
Posted February 20, 2014
Part Time House Manager
The Jacob Burns Film Center is a nonprofit cultural and educational institution dedicated to presenting the best of independent, documentary and world cinema, promoting visual literacy and making film a vibrant part of the community located in Pleasantville, NY. We seek a part time House Manager to join the Theater Staff team for our three screen independent cinema, which is open every day of the year and receives 200,000 patrons annually.
The House Manager is part of a team that reports to the Managers of Theater Operations, and plays a key role in the overall operation of the theater. The House Manager is expected to run the theater with or without the presence of the Manager of Theater Operations.
We are seeking an outgoing and highly organized individual who has experience with leadership, the public, and the arts to handle day to day front of house cinema operations for films and special events. Dedication to the goals of excellent customer service and outstanding film presentation is essential.
- A minimum of one year’s experience supervising staff and dealing directly with the general public.
- Customer service experience in a fast paced environment is essential.
- Experience with part-time staff management and development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a team setting.
- Computer literate with excellent math skills and attention to detail.
- Film industry, non-profit, arts and/or movie theater management experience is a plus.
- Oversight of front of house staff (ushers, concessionaires, box office personnel, A/V staff), and ensuring that operations are running in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Effective management of front of house operations and film/event presentation. An essential component of this includes the ability to quickly resolve issues with patrons courteously while dealing with real time situations.
- Experience handling money and reconciling accounts a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with JBFC administrative staff as well as theater staff.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Crowd control
- Developing and maintaining a team oriented atmosphere
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- Enforce company policies and procedures
Excellent command of PC based office programs (Word, Excel and Office) required. Experience with box office software and systems a plus.
This is a part time position, 3-4 days (18-25 hours) per week.
Shifts include night and weekend hours. Flexibility is a must!
Start date: Immediately
Part-time Hourly Salary: $15 with raise after three months’ time
Rate will be commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references via email only to email@example.com with "PT House Manager 14” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Learn more about the organization at www.burnsfilmcenter.org
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages people of any race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age and ability to apply.