Courses for Kids, Teens & Adults: Registration Info
Pricing and Payment
- JBFC members at the Family Level or higher receive a 10% discount on tuition if the student is the member of record or in a household with a membership.
- Sibling discount. Take 10% off the lower tuition fee.
- A $10 registration fee is payable per student per course. This fee is waived for all courses $50 and under and for all JBFC members. (Student must be member of record.)
- Payment, which is due in full at time of registration, is accepted via credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express) or check (payable to JACOB BURNS FILM CENTER, INC.). A fee of $25 is charged for returned checks.
- Enrollment is complete only after all fees have been paid; a completed Registration Form and Scholarship Application (if applicable) have been submitted; and you have received a confirmation email.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. If your requested course is filled, you will be placed on a waiting list and notified if space becomes available.
- The JBFC/Media Arts Lab reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment or other circumstances. If a course is cancelled, registrants will be notified immediately and all fees will be refunded. The JBFC/Media Arts Lab cannot be held responsible for any other costs, charges, or expenses.
- Registration closes one week prior to the beginning of the semester.
If a student is asked to leave a course due to inappropriate behavior or other circumstances deemed necessary by the JBFC/Media Arts Lab, no refund will be given. If a student chooses to withdraw and does so in writing three weeks before the first day of class, 100% of the program fee will be refunded but the registration fee will be retained and an additional $10 cancellation fee will be charged. If the JBFC/Media Arts Lab cancels a course due to insufficient enrollment or other administrative reasons, all fees will be refunded. No refund will be given at any other time.
Inclement Weather and Make-Up Classes
- In the event of inclement weather, please call 914.773.7663, ext. 444, for an automated message, or check this website.
- If a class is cancelled due to inclement weather, there will be a make-up session scheduled based on the availability of the facility and the instructor. The JBFC/Media Arts Lab does not offer make-up classes or tuition reimbursement for student absenteeism.
Students will be given a Media Arts Lab ID, which enables those who are not already JBFC members to purchase tickets at the member price (at the box office only) for the duration of the course. Nonmembers enrolled in one-time or weekend workshops will be given passes to two JBFC events at the member price. Members receive a variety of benefits including waived registration fees, a 10% discount at some levels, and discounted tickets at the JBFC Theater. Join now!
Students with special needs are encouraged to enroll in Media Arts Lab classes. The JBFC is committed to meeting the needs of all students. We strive to provide an optimal learning environment for all our participants; therefore we encourage you to let us know if your child has an IEP at school or requiress any special accommodations so that we may provide the proper support.