Opportunities at JBFC
Posted April 8, 2015
House Staff 2015
Theater House Staff
The Jacob Burns Film Center seeks part-time, year-round house staff to work in our five-screen, independent, art-house cinema. Staff will be scheduled in the positions of Box Office, Concession and Usher, with the opportunity to join our A/V team who assist with the many special events we hold throughout the year. The theater is open 365 days a year, and night/weekend flexibility is a must.
Responsibilities will include:
- Aid in selling tickets, concessions and guiding patrons to theaters
- High level of communication with managers, co-workers and patrons
- Provide undivided attention to patrons while assisting them with their needs
- Manage money handling procedures in a busy environment
- Assist patrons with special needs
- Maintain the cleanliness of the building; lobby, restrooms and theaters
- Show up for shifts when scheduled, with flexibility for change in schedules
- Remain aware of daily, weekly and monthly schedules, with knowledge of upcoming events
Applicant should demonstrate the following:
- Outgoing personality with an interest or love of film
- Experience with customer service including volunteering and interning
- Leadership capabilities and self motivation to perform tasks and learn new things
- Ability to think fast and remain calm in a busy environment
- Politeness and patience with the desire to work hard and have fun
This is a part-time, hourly position beginning at $9.00/hr.
Applicants must be available to work at least 3 days a week, which include 2 weekend shifts which entail Friday, Saturday and Sunday, plus at least 1 weekday.
Candidates who are being considered will be contacted and requested to have a follow-up interview.
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages people of any race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age and ability to apply.
Posted April 6, 2015
Part Time Equipment Staff
We seek a part time Equipment Staffer to work under the supervision of our Equipment Manager and Film Center Technical Director in support of the activities of the organization and its educational programs. An ideal candidate would have a solid grounding in digital media equipment and a strong desire to expand that knowledge and grow their skills in a collaborative environment.
The successful candidate must have:
- the capacity to understand and absorb a wide variety of technologies quickly
- outstanding attention to detail
- strong knowledge of Macintosh and Windows operating systems and programs
- a desire to work with students and media
- the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
Primary responsibilities include:
- Student check in and out of equipment
- Setting up classrooms for faculty
- Setting up and running digital films for screenings
- Video projection in classrooms
- Equipment inventory and maintenance
- Real time troubleshooting of computer and equipment (cameras, etc) issues
- Care and maintenance of equipment room and technical facilities
- Building walk-throughs and closing down the building
- Occasional facility operation for events
- Other appropriate tasks assigned by the Equipment Manager
Start Date: ASAP
This is a part time position, 3-4 days (18-25 hours) per week. Shifts include morning, night and weekend hours. Flexibility is a must!
Part-time Hourly Salary: $15
Please send resume, cover letter, and references via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“PT Equipment Staff 15” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages people of any race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age and ability to apply.