Opportunities at JBFC
Posted August 26, 2015
We seek a full time Development Assistant to become the fifth member of a dynamic team responsible for raising over $2.4 million annually in support of JBFC’s film, education and outreach programs. As an integral part of this team, the Development Assistant will provide support in areas of special events, major gifts, and foundation, corporate and government grants.
- Assist in coordination of major fundraising initiatives including special events, mailings, solicitations, grant proposals, data tracking and RSVPs
- Provide key logistical support for donor/cultivation events including receptions, dinners, preview screenings
- Assist major donors with tickets and special requests
- Track major gifts to assure prompt acknowledgements and follow-up
- Draft donor acknowledgment letters, and other correspondence as needed
- Maintain detailed gift records; initiate and manage donor/prospect research
- Maintain Support pages of JBFC website
- Compile solicitation packets, proposals, final reports, and other support materials
- The flexibility to attend evening and weekend development events on an as needed basis.
Applicants should demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 1 year experience in an office environment, with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, demonstrated attention to detail and a high level of discretion
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workflow
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and to work independently with initiative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and basic HTML editing skills a plus
- Previous experience in Development a plus
- Strong Knowledge of both PC and Mac environments
Starting Salary $33,000, plus a benefits package including paid health insurance for the employee.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Assistant 15” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Learn more about the organization at www.burnsfilmcenter.org
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, encouraging people of any race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age and ability to apply for positions.